Checked in to Bangalore

It has been a while since many of you might have heard from me. As I had anticipated, I have started feeling a bit lonely in the most connected city (in terms of internet users).

Before joining with my new job, I had a wonderful time at home. After several years, I attended the famous Thrissur Pooram – the baap of all festivals. I had a great time with all my friends and comrades.

Meanwhile my packages arrived in Thrissur and I was sad to see my Bullet not the way I packed it. From personal experience I share, even private couriers aren’t good in terms of quality service.

I got engaged peacefully and uneventfully the next week.

A couple of days after that, I joined Honeywell. The buildings in my campus are named after planets. The funny part is that the largest building in the campus is Pluto and one of the smallest ones is Jupiter. After a week’s induction, I joined my team (Profit Suite validation) and am getting introduced to works and procedures. My honeymoon with Honeywell is going on well…

I checked into a pigeon hole near office. Bought a TV and cable connection the first week to get rid of the boredom. In the following weeks I bought a cooking stove, fridge and cooking utensils to creatively kill time.

Bangalore is a strange city. I see people wearing sweaters in May (yes, it is cold). I see people riding Harley-Davidson wearing shorts and sandals. It is a city where English is the preferred second language - auto drivers, bus conductors, shopkeepers prefer to speak in English when they see the tag of an corporate ID card around your neck. And the best part is that even Reliance Mart sells liquor, fish and meat. Rest is same as any other metros with high rents, traffic jams, crowded buses, cacophonic honking etc.

On the brighter side, I saw Hangover Part II and X-Men First Class in the releasing week, had a tasty beef steak from TGIF, and visited a few jolly good friends and relatives.

No comments: