Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Friends, Romans, Countrymen,

In a place where rumours spread like wildfire, most of you might have already heard that I have resigned from Essar and will be joining Honeywell Technology Solutions Lab, Bangalore later this month.

In what seems to be a farewell note, let me begin with mentioning that there are a few things and a few people whom I really wish to forget, here or anywhere. :-) But no worries, if you were one of ’em you probably wouldn’t be reading this. Apart from a few of those unpleasant occurrences, the four years I spent here was delightful and will be cherished as the best of my times, as the age of wisdom, as the epoch of belief, as the season of Light, as the spring of hope… [Darles Chickens]

If any of you are under an impression that I am fleeing from your companionship, let me assure you, it is not so.

Amid the rain shadow of the Western Ghats and the beaches of the Arabian sea, in a humid, wet land, there is a place I still call home, the proximity of which was an irrefutable bargain. I will be going home first in the hot brooding month of May, when the days are long and humid, the river shrinks and black crows gorge on bright mangoes in still, dustgreen trees. Red bananas ripen. Jackfruits burst. Dissolute bluebottles hum vacuously in the fruity air. Then they stun themselves against clear windowpanes and die, fatly baffled by the sun. The nights are clear, but suffuse with sloth and sullen expectation. (Don’t worry, I too didn’t understand much of this.)

Anyways, as the Godfather would have put it, what I have is, “An offer I couldn’t refuse.”

I am sorry to have hurried through the relieving process and not giving personal attention to everyone it terms of ‘treats’. To be frank, it doesn’t feel so good to miss you all; parting is such sweet sorrow.

The reason for the hurry for those who are not aware, is that I am getting engaged to a charming (at least to me) woman on this nineteenth; Remya Sreedevi, now doing her internship for the completion of degree in ayurvedic medicine, also a professional dancer, an amateur singer and a fantastic human being. This also means, practically I will be jobless during my engagement. Bless her guts, for she doesn’t know what she is doing.

They will start my court-marshal shortly, starting with my identity card, CUG and network ID, and you won’t be listening to any Bob Dylan anymore. I will not be using a mobile phone for a while to enjoy the pleasures of an untraceable life in an age where even the moral giants compromise on privacy.

However, I will definitely intimate you my new number as soon as I feel lonely. Again, if it is an emergency you should still call 100. However, I will be checking in to my email frequently (navneet.vk@gmail.com). Please direct all your replies there. And I think I will update you all on my happenings on my blog (http://vengallur.blogspot.com/) if anyone ever had the patience to read it. You can also see what my friends are doing on Facebook (www.facebook.com/vengallur); I don’t use that frequently.

I wish our relations go beyond the green-belt of this refinery and wish our paths meet in the future.

With lotsa love, lotsa wishes…
Navaneeth “Peter” V. K.

“Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I say good night till it be morrow.”
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.